Are you protecting your teeth from the causes of toothaches? A toothache refers to an increase in sensitivity produced when nerves within your pulp, located in the roots of your teeth, are damaged. This can be the result of an infection, an oral accident or injury, bad oral hygiene, or tooth loss including extractions, and in some situations, the pain may be felt in the mouth, face, ear, and jaw.
You should seek treatment and visit a dentist if any of the following problems ensue:
– Wisdom teeth continue to cause aches when erupting above the gum line, causing inflammation.
– Aches are felt even after using over-the-counter medications.
– High fevers or chills that linger may be an indication of a toothache.
– Facial rashes that cannot be easily explained or linked to another problem.
– You have soreness in your face or have a fever which may be the result of an abscess or noticeable discharge that can be seen or felt around a tooth.
– Severe pain continues for longer than 24 hours after a tooth has been removed.
– A tooth has been forcibly knocked out from an accident or blunt trauma.
If you are looking to restore damaged teeth, or enhance your smile further, contact Dr. Kinney and Musser and our team at Art & Science Family Dentistry. We can be reached by calling us at 651-739-1894 to book a reservation to see us at our dentist office in Woodbury, Minnesota. We will be glad to help you achieve the results you are looking for.