Do you know any recovery tips for tooth extractions? Before and after a tooth extraction, always set up an effective plan to prepare your body and home for any situations that can arise. Additionally, make sure to stop any bad habits, such as smoking before and after the surgery to ensure the highest chance of success and to minimize any risks that come along with tooth extractions.
Listed below are a few common treatment devices for healing after a tooth extraction:
– Take any medications exactly as prescribed by your dentist and should any excess pain persist, do not increase the dosage, but instead, contact your dentist.
– Oftentimes, the sedatives given will make eating or drinking difficult, so to avoid choking, do not eat anything before the sedative wears off.
– Listen to the instructions laid out by your dentist and follow them as required.
– Swelling is common in your face and mouth, so use ice packs as a treatment.
– Get plenty of rest and evade all types of strenuous labor and exercise so that your body has a chance to heal.
– If any complications should occur during your recovery, contact your dentist as soon as you can.
If you have had or are in need of a tooth extraction, come visit Art & Science Family Dentistry for treatment today. With the helpful support of Dr. Kinney and Musser and our wonderful team at our dentist office in Woodbury, Minnesota, we can restore your smile to its former glory. To schedule an appointment, call us at 651-739-1894. Visit us today, and your smile with thank you!