Are you ready for your oral surgery? Do you know everything you need to know about the recovery process? If not, then don’t worry because we can help you! Recovering from oral surgery is part of the process and requires attention and care.
Luckily, our dentists, Dr. Kinney and Musser, is happy to help you with every step of the oral surgery process. That is why our team at Art & Science Family Dentistry in Woodbury, Minnesota, has provided you some tips on the information you should know.
Here is a list of insight to help you through your oral surgical process:
– Listen to your doctor about after-care directives and what you should expect after the surgery. Heed your doctor’s advice in all directions to receive the best outcomes after surgery.
– Keep yourself far away from alcohol and tobacco use during the entire recovery process. The reason is that it can mix with your medications. Tobacco can also cause complications and delays in your recovery because it slows down the healing process. It is always ideal to terminate all tobacco habits for optimum health.
– Go to every follow-up appointment. These checkups are needed to make sure you are healing suitably and avoiding any infections. If you skip these appointments, you are putting yourself at risk for other problems.
– Get lots of sleep. Remember to try and get plenty of rest so your body can fully heal. Rest is the key component to healing and give yourself the ideal time to recover before bouncing back into your daily routines.
– Before any surgery be sure to ask your surgeon what food and drink restrictions you may have to prepare beforehand, so you can focus on healing after surgery.
– Take the prescribed medications to avoid infections and help with pain.
If you are experiencing complications or have questions about your upcoming procedure and healing process, please call us today at 651-739-1894. Our team is happy to help you with your questions and willing to help you through every single step of the surgical and recovery process while you are in our care.